Thursday, March 01, 2007

Into Great Silence

I'm looking forward to seeing this film, either when it comes to Austin, or on DVD. Steven Greydanus said on Jimmy Akin's blog "I can't fully articulate how Into Great Silence affected me, except to say that it was a transforming experience, in that I find very, very few films to be. I walked the dozen or so blocks from the screening room to my parking garage in another world — not just imaginatively immersed in the world of the film, but enveloped in a silence in my own heart." I only wish it were coming sooner to Austin, it won't be here until April 27th. (You can see if and when it is playing in your area here)

8 comments:

Flajuben said...

Je l'ai vu à Noël.
C'est magnifique. J'ai eu l'impression de vivre une mini retraite en silence pendant 2h40.
A voir absolument !!!

Stephanie said...

Ah bon? Cool! Merci, je vais le voir!

Cheryl said...

Hey, it's coming to Dallas on April 6. Come on up, I'll go see it with you, and you won't have to wait as long. ;)

Flajuben said...

Tu peux lire ici:
http://flajuben.blogspot.com/2006/12/silence.html
ce que j'avais écrit à l'époque sur ce film !

Stephanie said...

Ooh, that would be fun Cheryl!!

Merci flajuben! :-D

Cheryl said...

Oo - isn't April 6 Good Friday? I'll be off that day. :)

Consider yourself invited - it's been too long since I've seen ya!

If you want/need hotel info or anything like that (if you don't wanna drive both ways on the same day), lemme know. I can toss you links or phone numbers or whatever ya want.

Stephanie said...

Actually, I know Cam is asking off for Good Friday (it's being used as a make-up day for the ice storms, but he still wanted it off, lol). I'll have to talk to him and see what he thinks, I'll let you know =)

Cheryl said...

We need to get together anyhow - if this doesn't work out, we'll hafta think of something else. :)