Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A Clarification

To all my ex-er friends out there, I wanted to make something clear. I'm not planning on running away to another playground and throwing sand at where I came from, not at all! I have given up the ex board for Lent, but I will be back! I thought that plenty of people would welcome a chance not to hear so much Catholic talk, and I thought the Catholics would welcome a chance to be able to talk about super-Catholic stuff without being looked at like we have three heads, lol. Let me make this very clear, the CoC-Catholic board will NOT be a place to bash the ex-CoC board!! I have no hard feelings towards the board as a whole, and I completely understand that I can't, and shouldn't expect all the non-Catholic exers to understand the unique struggles Catholics face in the modern world. Up until now, I had to waffle between different place to get support for different things...I'd go to a Catholic online community to get support from the everyday struggles we face as Catholics, but they wouldn't understand the ex-CoC stuff! So I'd go to the ex-CoC board to get support for the ex-CoC stuff, but they don't get the Catholic struggles! It's not the fault of either community that I don't get both kinds of support in one place, but I just thought, wouldn't it be great to have it in the same place?

It's true, I was feeling more tension as of late on the ex-CoC board, but I'm sure it could be because of me as well as others, which is why I felt a break would help me cool off and return later with a better attitude, and possibly some new self-imposed rules to help me avoid inflammatory posters and/or comments. But I am not picking up my toys and leaving for good, I'm just rearranging what topics I'll discuss where!

So, peace and much love to all you exers!

2 comments:

FloridaWife said...

Hey, Stephanie. I just wanted you to know I read your post. I think it's good to take a break from a board once in a while.

Stephanie said...

Thanks! It can certainly be refreshing =)