Friday, December 29, 2006

Quote of the Day

I was playing around on the internet reading stuff and found this quote, which stopped me in my tracks and made me think, "Wow, so true."

“An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.” - John Paul the Great

I need to remember this quote to tell to my brother, who is constantly full of excuses for not doing work, for being off task, for forgetting stuff, etc. I worry that he's not taking responsibility for his actions, and his sense of entitlement is extremely overinflated. Anyway...this quote made me think of him. Maybe he'll listen to it, as long as I don't tell him it's from a pope! *eyeroll*

3 comments:

Flajuben said...

So true, indeed.


Happy new year to you & Camille !

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year to you too!

FloridaWife said...

I need to put this up on the wall because the internet is oftentimes my excuse for why I have no time to get stuff done.