Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Getting To Know You Holiday Edition

Just for Kasia! :-D

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? That's tough...but I have to agree with Kasia, eggnog at the holidays, hot chocolate the rest of winter!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a kid, it was both. There were usually a handful of "biggish" presents that were unwrapped. (Stuffed animals, globes, big plastic toys, etc.)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white, more classic looking.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Never have!

5. When do you put your decorations up? The day after Thanksgiving!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Ummm...I love candied yams.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Waking up and walking into the living room on Christmas morning, seeing the beautiful tree, eyeing the stockings and wondering what they were filled with. Good stuff!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up we never did. Now we open gifts after we get back from midnight mass, so it's technically Christmas by then =)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights with gold and red balls, gold and red ornaments that are usually a music or religious theme (angels, angels with instruments, etc), draped with garland of gold beads. So far the new cat has been VERY well behaved around the tree!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Umm...I love the idea of it, so I think I would love it, but I don't have enough experience to actually say for sure.

12. Can you ice skate? Absolutely not, I have NO balance.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? That's tough...my pretty cherry wood music stand? As far as practicality, I love my PDA!

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Christ’s birth!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Hmmm, I love all things mint chocolate, so pretty much anything mint chocolate, and there's a lot of that around during the holidays!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? It's still pretty new for me, but I have to say going to midnight mass (if that can be called a "tradition.")

17. What tops your tree? A nice gold star on top (which I was never allowed growing up, as we didn't celebrate Christ's birth at Christmas)

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Ok this is going to sound weird...but I think my favorite part about gifts is wrapping them!!! Lol, I love to make pretty packages, and I'm kinda sad once they're opened and destroyed, ha. But I really, really love receiving gifts too, it is my primary love language so that's a given. ;-)

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Either O Holy Night, or Ave Maria (which is not really a "Christmas" song, but it's always played a lot around Christmas time.)

20. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Yum!

21. Favorite Christmas movie? Uuhhh...A Charlie Brown Christmas? No! Rudolph!! Lol, it just brings back memories of when I was a kid =)

22. What do you leave for Santa? Now nothing, as a kid we always did cookies and milk!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!...or Advent, anyway!

Hey Hollie, since today is your birthday you popped into my head...why don't you fill this one out? And I hope your B-Day is wonderful!!

3 comments:

Kasia said...

I love all things mint chocolate too - maybe we were separated at birth. ;-)

Inspired by your example, I just posted some pix of my cats on my blog. Go take a look - doesn't Miko look strikingly like Berlioz?

The Big Seester said...

Ah Stephanie,

Just be aware that... how can I put this nicely?

Cats loooove Christmas trees. They love to bat the ornaments (hey! they are shiny after all). They love to "hide" in the back of them. They love the outdoors smell of a real tree. But most of all, CATS CLIMB TREES. I personally can remember 2 Christmas trees hitting the ground with a giant crash and seeing a streak running away from the scene of the crime.

Forewarned is forearmed. (You do have a spritz bottle, don't you?)

Just remember, it's their nature and they can't entirely help it. But a well-placed spritz of water can deter them!

The Big Seester

Stephanie said...

Thanks Big Seester ;-D Berlioz has been extremely well behaved around the tree so far. He did look at it longingly when we first came home, and put his paws up on it like he was about to climb it, but we told him no and he stopped. He hasn't done it since! He batted a ball yesterday softly, lol, and he has tried to nibble on the tree (he got spritzed for that). I was pretty worried about the tree because I've heard lots of horror stories, but so far he has been wonderful, and mostly he just sits or sleeps under it! But I'm keeping an eye on him and I do have the water bottle ready, lol!