Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Skirt #2!!

I'm pleased to announce that I have now made my second skirt ever! Behold:


Lol...I'm very excited, and I LOVE this one. It even has a zipper (my first zipper!), and some rick rack around the bottom for fun.


And the best part is, it's so cheap! I got this fabric on clearance at fabric.com for like $2.50 a yard, and with the zipper and binding tape and rick rack, my grand total comes to....about $9!! Woohoo!

I already have my fabric for the next skirt washed and ready to go, can't wait to do another one!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

I loooove that. Love it love it love it.

Stephanie said...

Thanks! :-D

Genie Elizabeth said...

Way to go girl! More women need to get acquainted with the womanly art of sewing. I find it is a great way to relax and meditate.

Stephanie said...

I'm really enjoying it...my mother is a great seamstress, she just never got around to teaching me (too busy working!) I definitely wish she had!

Peter said...

I am very impressed. It is not only the cost factor, but with 3 daughters so far I struggle to find any modest clothes in the shops these days. FIVE year old outfits look like hookers for goodness sake!

I'll be showing my wife your handiwork. Or maybe I'll have a shot myself ;)

Stephanie said...

Go for it! (I totally agree about children's clothing...some of the stuff out there is awful!)

Sarah said...

That is so cute! LOVE the fabric from Evil Stephen. (So called because he sends out tempting emails.)

Peter, do it!

Stephanie said...

Lol at Evil Stephen...so true!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. I need to start teaching my kids to sew.

Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

I'm so impressed!!

Kasia said...

Beautiful job, Stephanie! Wish my mother had taught me to sew...you guys are right about children's clothing. There's some awful stuff out there.

Anonymous said...

WaitWaitWait...there's a fabric.com? I'm going there RIGHT NOW. I love your skirts!!!
And your enthusiasm :) I'm inspired!